When Fashion Met Film


The fact that fashion has been an inspiration for the film industry is no secret, the fact that films have influenced fashion, again, is no secret. That's why I thought of writing a post about iconic items from classic films which have changed the fashion world forever.

This post is in preparation for something else I am writing at the moment, but it seems it will take me longer than originally expected. Hopefully it will be something you will enjoy as much as I do writing it.

First iconic film on my list is 'La dolce vita'(1960)



"La dolce vita" (1960) is a comedy-drama film written and directed by Federico Fellini. In a few words, this film consist of a series of stories following a week in the life of journalist living in Rome.

Fact: Fellini is the first one in the world do use the world PAPARAZZO(pl Paparazzi), more interesting, it is believed that Fellini cited as source of inspiration one of Cristobal Balenciaga's creation. Most famous scene: the Trevi fountain, who can forget that dress!


Simple elegance








Love story(1970)



Now be honest, how many times have you cried during Love story, one of  the most amazing love film from the last century?! Why so iconic? Well, America, and with it the whole world, have fall in love with their story, and her look. She is responsible for the success of the preppy look. Think of the belted camel coat, soft knits, the red knit cap, the tweed mini skirt, and I can go like this forever.

Fact: Calvin Klein stated :'' She [Ali] exemplified the great American style" (www.stylista.com)


Love story get the look



Annie Hall (1977)


I am not a big fan of Woody Allen's films, but even I can't denied this film's place in fashion history. Diane Keaton has changed womenswear forever with her menswear attire! Think of vintage men's clothing, baggy pants or fedora hats, which were just a few focal points for a new era for women.

Fact: Everything that Diane Keaton is wearing came actually from her closet.


Annie Hall with a Twist



These are my first three films that changed fashion forever. I will be back with three more next week!

As usually, please, do not forget to FOLLOW me on Google Friend Connect, and if you'd like to stay even more connected, visit my FB page, for some interesting things: new images, articles to read, style inspiration, etc.

Did you watch these films? How inspired were you by them?

Bisous,
AdinaA

5 comments:

  1. Sadly, no... I haven't seen these films. But tell you what - your article sure inspired me! It's engaging and really informative. I was a bit disappointed that it ended so quickly!! Haha. Kidding. I loved it! Can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good work and keep inspiring people. Bisous to you too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great post, and you've put such great thought into it. I haven't seen these movies but I can understand how their styles are so inspiring from your pictures. Love the outfits you put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your insightful and kind comment dear... Have a splendid weekend!

    ReplyDelete